- Are your smoke detectors inter-connected with each other?
- Do you know how old your smoke detectors are?
- When were your smoke detectors last properly tested?
“Safety is of paramount importance in the home & should be taken seriously”
It’s critical that homeowners ensure the safety of all residents and provide devices where possible to guarantee personal safety in their home. These devices include locks, security doors, safety switches, and at least one Hard Wired Smoke Detector.<h1>Smoke Detector</h1>
The amended building code has a rule change which effects Smoke Detectors. They must now be interconnected with each other. Before 2015 this was optional to the installer but not anymore. There are a few different system designs that can achieve this, including new radio wave signal transmission technology. These are used where its near on impossible to get a cable from one floor to another, in order to perform a hard wired interconnection on certain building types. Note: Many Electricians are not up to speed with these rule changes to date.
Smoke Detectors have a lifespan of 10 years before they loose their accuracy. This means older units must be replaced to ensure they are functional, and up to date.
A Smoke Detector can easily save your life if there was a fire. A Smoke Detector will alert residents as soon as the fire begins. This often happens during the night, when people are asleep. During deep sleep, people don’t smell smoke – and smoke inhalation kills well before fire itself does. People can die without even realising their home is on fire.
Investing in a high quality Hard Wired Smoke Detector is the easiest thing you can do to keep your family safe.<h2>Hard Wired Smoke Detector</h2>
“Its now also a legal obligation that homeowners provide working smoke detectors”
Power Legends Perth electricians are expert in the supply and installation of top quality Hard Wired Smoke Detector systems.<h3>Photo Electric Smoke Detector</h3>
There are three key types of Smoke Detector:
- Photo Electric Smoke Detector: this quick response system detects a fire in the smouldering stage. This is a premium system, very accurate, and perfect for installation in the kitchen. Photo Electric Smoke Detectors detect larger flame particles and provide less nuisance alarms when your burning the toast, or the oven is putting out some fumes. The Photo Electric Smoke Detector is great for almost any situation from kitchen zones to larger rooms. They cost a little more, but it’s money well spent.
- Ionisation: Detects small particles. This is bad when it’s not actually a fire. These systems contain a small trace amount of radioactive material, and they are the most common and cost effective devices to install.
- Li-Ion: These smoke detectors contain lithium ion batteries which have a life of ten years.
Call Power Legends today to have the perfect smoke detector system for your home installed quickly and professionally. Peace of mind is priceless.